Perspectives is a podcast, hosted by Lenihan Sotheby’s International Real Estate, that explores Louisville and what makes the city such a great place to live. We’re pleased to be featured in a recent episode, where festival founders Tisha Gainey and Trevor Cravens had the chance to talk about the craft beer we’re all so passionate about, all the hard work that went into this year’s festival to make it new and interesting for all of you, and about some of the great charity work we’re involved in.
This year, we celebrate the festival’s fourth year running. It seems so long ago now, but 10 years back, a thriving craft beer scene in Louisville was just a twinkle in our eye. The Louisville scene has grown from two or three craft breweries to 11, with more on the way. We’re pleased to announce we’ll have over 70 breweries participating in this year’s festival, with more than 200 beers on tap for tasting. Brewers from 16 states – including California, New York, Florida, and Michigan – are coming to town to impress audiences with their latest products. Some of the Louisville breweries you’ll see haven’t formally opened their doors to the public yet, so it’s really a unique opportunity to warm up your soul with high-quality (high ABV!) craft beer, and experience something new.
What To Expect:
- Love “the other great liquid from Kentucky”? Try samples at the Liquor Barn Bourbon Barrel Beer Bar. (What a mouthful!)
- Got a taste for something funky and sour? We’re introducing a Cider and Sour Bar this year to match with the rising trend.
- The “Kentucky Heritage” exhibit pays homage to Kentucky and all the great things Louisville brewers are doing.
- Check out the Vintage Warbirds on display and flying over the event (weather permitting).
- Enjoy all the usual festival fanfare – food trucks, live music, and retail vendors.
- Ticket options include: general admission (with a souvenir tasting glass); shuttle transportation; and early VIP access.
Tailspin offers a rare opportunity to enjoy a beer and get involved in the community…
Part of the proceeds from Tailspin goes to Dare To Care, a charitable organization in town that delivers fresh produce and canned goods to the needy. Last year, our festival raised a little over $12,000, but we hope to make a much bigger donation this year. You can also support Dare To Care by purchasing a paper stein for $1 from Liquor Barn, which puts your name up on their wall and donates 100% of the proceeds directly to Dare To Care.
Don’t miss the Dare To Care raffle at the festival, where you can enter to win a $500 Liquor Barn gift card. We call that a mountain of love — You get a mountain of beer, alcohol, and great gourmet foods out at Liquor Barn – and you can feel good about stuffing some money into the coffers of a remarkable charity that feeds our community.
Get Your Tickets Now!
There’s something for everyone at this year’s Tailspin Alefest. While “winter warmer” beers are our focus, not all beers are at 8% and above. We’ll also have lighter selections on tap. Better get your tickets at www.TailspinAleFest.com soon, though – the event sells out every year!
- Over 70 breweries will participate in the fourth annual event, from Kentucky and 16 other states.
- Festivalgoers will have a chance to try rare beers and samples from brewers who haven’t launched yet.
- Part of the proceeds goes toward Dare To Care, a charitable organization that feeds the needy. Last year we raised $12K!
- Tickets are available NOW at www.TailspinAleFest.com.
The Perspectives Podcast series is hosted by Lenihan Sotheby’s International Realty where host Greg Fleischaker takes a look at the culture of Louisville and what makes the city so interesting and full of possibilities. More episodes like this one, or in-depth looks at local neighborhoods such as The Highlands, St. Matthews or Prospect Ky, can be found at their website at www.lenihansothebysrealty.com.